Needing a dynamite topic for my Sunday night blog post, I asked two of the people closest to me, my fiancé and brother, for ideas. Since Sidney responded first, I have decided to go with her suggestion. So, in true David Letterman style, I give you my top ten list for reasons I should give up my blog.
The Top Ten Reasons I Should Give Up My Blog
10. About time to generate some legitimate Google hits when someone types in “Brent Reser” as opposed to 10 straight links that start with “www.brentreser.com.”
9. Blogs were so two years ago.
8. Would lose weight by not over-eating, attempting wacky challenges, or going on “Bar Rescue” tours.
7. No longer would I receive hate mail from crazy parents mad as hell that I defended my high school football coach.
6. Opportunity to devote the roughly 40 hours I spend on my blog a month toward something constructive.
5. Realization that I need to leave the writing up to people who actually have journalism degrees.
4. Haven’t I bragged enough already?
3. Free up my Facebook and Twitter accounts from awful blog topic teasers.
2. Money saved from promotional pens, cards, and bricks.
1. No one reads it anyway.
Even with these ten convincing reasons staring me right in the face, Don’t Blink will go on…for now. Do you have any input on why I should stick to my day job? Let me know! Have a great week, everyone. Don’t Blink.