NOTE: Once again, Brent’s fiance, Sidney, takes over Don’t Blink for a Sunday. Enjoy today’s post where Sidney offers up some info you probably didn’t know about her.
I got the idea for this month’s blog takeover while partaking in one of my favorite weekly pastimes; reading People magazine. Yes, I admit it. I am a sucker for keeping up with anything and everything celebrity. But this blog isn’t about my mild obsession with the rich and famous. Instead I’d like to focus your attention on my favorite regularly running column in the magazine. It features a celebrity (last week was Amy Schumer and this week was Rod Stewart) and a list of 25 Things You Didn’t Know about them. Simple concept , but nonetheless interesting and entertaining.
Although my name appears quite frequently on this site, I realize that most of you Don’t Blink readers may not know much about me. Yes, from reading most of his posts from the last year and a half, one can gather that I am Brent’s fiancé and sidekick in most of his adventures. However, there’s a lot more to me than what meets the eye (blinking or otherwise—ha!).
In an effort to let all of you get to know me a little better, I decided to rip-off one of my favorite magazines weekly columns and tell you all 25 Things You Didn’t Know About SIDNEY.
1. I am named after my Dad. Yup. He, too, is Sidney Mathis (as well as his father and grandfather). This makes sorting the mail and Christmas presents a little complicated.
2. I can’t whistle. Never have. Never will.
3. I’m a damn good SNAPPER (a skill I developed to counteract my whistling disability)
4. In 8th grade, I won 1st place in the Sandhill’s Regional Science Fair. My project was to find out if a dog’s mouth is really cleaner than a human’s. (The answer would be a big-fat NO!)
5. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 8 years old.
6. I wasn’t a very good student. I talked too much, and could never stay focused. I think this helps me be a more tolerant teacher.
7. My favorite TV show is Sex in the City, even though the first episode aired when I was a kid. Gotta love syndication!
8. When given the option, I would much rather write in pencil over pen.
9. I punched a nurse in the hospital once. Coming out of anesthesia, I thought she was one of my sisters holding me down, so I cold-clocked her.
10. I’m not a morning person. I am also not a night owl… so please catch me in the middle of the day.
11. I am definitely an extrovert. I could have a conversation with the wall if the opportunity ever presented itself.
12. I had my tonsils removed when I was 21. I wouldn’t recommend it to adults.
13. I love to read. My favorite author is Emily Giffin.
14. In my childhood years, I hated to read. Mostly because my sister Courtney won tons of awards for reading. I never thought I could amount to her success, so I decided to hate it instead.
15. I applied to Clemson University, and was rejected. It was a devastating blow to my ego.
16. My favorite color is purple.
17. As a kid, my grandmother always let me cheat when we played games together. So I blame her for making me the very undignified -poor-sport that I am today.
18. I gave myself a haircut when I was in pre-school. The only remedy for the horrendous hack-job I’d done to my hair, was to shave my head completely. So with the name Sidney and a buzzed haircut, people often mistook me for a boy.
19. I am a nail-biter. I bite them when I’m feeling stressed.
20. I’m also a hair-twirler. I twirl my hair around my fingers when I start to get sleepy.
21. I have perfect vision. It was confirmed by my doctor last week.
22. Although my eyesight is phenomenal, I am slightly hearing impaired. A result of tubes put into my eardrums when I was toddler.
23. I’ve seen every episode of “Full House.” My favorite is the episode where Stephanie drives the cement truck into the kitchen and then runs away to Aunt Becky’s house.
24. I’ve seen The Princess Diaries probably no less than 300 times. I can recite every line by heart.
25. I knew that I wanted to marry Brent after exactly 46 days of dating. It hit me like a ton of bricks.
So there you have it! 25 new (and hopefully interesting) facts about me. Until next month, thanks for reading. Don’t Blink.